A Visualization for Exploration
A mind map is an illustration based on a single concept showing relationships among pieces of the whole. It is a visual representation of connections among parts offering an organized look at a central topic.
According to a Lifehacker.com article:
• Mind maps can incorporate words, numbers, images, and color and thus be more memorable.
• They can be more enjoyable to make than simply writing lists.
• Mind maps generate ideas, help find deeper meaning and prompt you to fill in more or find what you're looking for.
• A mind map can at once give you an overview of a large subject while also holding large amounts of information.
• Maps mimic the way our brains think, thus are more intuitive.